View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:57   #18  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherid View Post
You're obviously still missing/ignoring my point/questions as to whether today's discs are the same brand and being burned by same burner, and I'm not sure even if you're using the same burner how you can be sure it's burning to to same quality it was when you first bought it, but later on I'll grab a few older, poor quality media, or maybe some better media which was burned using a lower quality burner than I use today, run some burn quality tests and then return to announce I've proved the quality of blank media has improved in the last few years.
Is this one phrase? Wow ....

I don't know where did you spend the last years of your life before joining doom9. I'd rather prefer not to know .

Each product is like the humans, at first is a child, then an adult, much later an "old timer", finally it's dead. One cannot compare a CDR of 1997 with a CDR of 2011. The only 1x or 2x speed CDRs are the Audio CDRs (the expensive ones). Nobody still manufactures CD-Recorders, so these are stocks. The red laser lasts for 2000-200 hours (according to the power), this lets you burn a theoretical maximum of 500-1000 CDRs.

What you insist to compare is the sound of a Pathéphone with that of an LP.

C1/C2 and so on, and similar parameters for other media, serve to help people make a comparizon between 2 incomparable entities.

I am not sure why do you do what you do:
1. you like to contradict people
2. you wanna learn yourself in a clever way: by forcing the people to respond to your own questions, disguised as statements, knowing that people that know the answer cannot stand that the newbie, which owns the thread you "infested", might get the wrong answer, served by someone pretending to be an authority in the matter.