View Single Post
Old 6th February 2009, 21:33   #8157  |  Link
magic144

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Both methods should produce similar results, as long as there are no gaps/overlaps in the video track (which is really rare). VC-1 does not depend on the container.
thanks for the reply madshi,

are you saying that one of these 2 methods does NOT remove/compensate for gaps/overlaps - I thought eac3to would always remove gaps/overlaps when demuxing a full-disc-structure title... if this is not the case, which of these 2 methods doesn't invoke eac3to's gap removal...?

or is it simply the case that eac3to does not do ANY Video gap compensation (in any mode - i.e. it just does audio) - I guess if that was the case and that ever happened, eac3to would just flag it in an info/warning message? (never seen such a warning on any of my discs to date anyway) - is it something eac3to might handle in the future?

cheers again,
m

ps - incidentally, does anybody out there know of a way to accurately frameserve (in an AviSynth script) a raw .vc1 file without going to an intermediate .mkv container? I don't think the Haali source file splitter filter will take a .vc1 file as input if I try to build such a graph in graphedit.