View Single Post
Old 19th June 2005, 10:55   #8  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
but is it a bug that there is no more mp4 output but only raw&avi in x264 encoding? or have i missed s.th. ?
The latter. Have you actually tried encoding? I am currently encoding using a stock 0.1.9.5 right from the zip I posted.
I suppose you set the x264 to mencoder and are only looking at the input tab, not actually encoding. mencoder cannot (well, it can but it's mp4 output is almost unusable, ask bond for details) write mp4 output so I make it write raw, then mux that into an mp4 after encoding. I used to allow .mp4 output names directly in x264 mode and then rewriting the video filename for mencoder, but I think it's better that people realize right away that mencoder will write raw. If you look at the queue when you create mp4 output, you''ll see exactly what is done being done. You'll see 1/2 video jobs, the last one with raw output, and a mux job.

and btw, megui now fully defaults to using x264.exe (settings, it's the default codec and the default output is mp4). So you must've already changed something. Since most people seem to prefer x264.exe over mencoder you can now get started and only use the better updated x264.exe.. it already has some features that mencoder still cannot offer (like video SAR).