View Single Post
Old 14th May 2015, 00:00   #29916  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

madVR v0.88.6 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed: D3D11 rendering sometimes got stuck (e.g. when minimizing player)
* fixed: NNEDI3 quadrupling with SuperRes didn't work properly (NVidia only)
* fixed: refresh rate fix didn't work in 64bit
* added D3D11 refresh rate fix (proper support for 23p vs. 24p etc)
* added option "octuple luma/chroma resolution"
* re-added NNEDI3 chroma doubling options
* removed limitation to double chroma with Catmull-Rom
* updated Shiandow deband algorithm to latest version
* double clicking tray icon now opens the settings dialog
Please note that image/luma octupling is only applied if you use any of the "upscaling refinement" options. Otherwise this option will be ignored because without "upscaling refinement" the image becomes so soft after quadrupling that there's no use using expensive octupling at that point. Octupling can be useful for upscaling DVDs to 4K (640 > 1280 > 2560 > 5120 < 3840).

Shiandow's deband algorithm was updated to the latest version. Could everyone please re-test? Please note that the defaults have changed, but the settings dialog will remember your previous values. So please manually change the values to threshold 0.2 and detail level 1, and start testing with those values. Your vote counts in deciding whether I'll keep using the "old" debanding algorithms or whether I'll replace some or all of the old algos with the new one. If you're not sure which one you like better, please say just that, instead of randomly picking one. If you do like one clearly better than the other, please let me know - thanks!!

Edit: Shiandow has released yet another fine tuned version of his Deband algorithm. Please copy the code from the following post into the file "madVR\legal stuff\Shiandow\Deband.hlsl", then madVR will immediately use the new Deband version:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...49#post1721949

Last edited by madshi; 14th May 2015 at 07:16.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote