View Single Post
Old 12th October 2011, 19:06   #10076  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
It's careful to note here that you can't confuse “calibrated” with “profiled”, or confuse the different types of calibration with eachother.
The projector is calibrated for sure. I payed a lot of money for this and the best of the five oficially ISF clibration professionals here in Holland did the 2 hour calibration.

Quote:
It sounds like the ISF calibration just fixes the white point to be at precisely 6500K (which is also incorrect, incidentally, but I trust that the “professional” doing your calibration knows this) - I don't know how well and to what standard your gamma is calibrated and I don't know anything at all about your gamut. Do you know if your calibration has performed this additional task and how well? Is there something like a calibration report that he gave you?
I can ask for the calibration report with the company. I ll do that and report back with the info I will get from them.

Quote:
It sounds like you have at least a “THX Mode” which is supposed to be (in theory) calibrated to 2.2 PPC, D65 and BT.709. Can you confirm how many color “modes” you have, and which one you are using?
The professional that gave my JVC RS25 the calibration set a lot of things to custom in the projector so I m not using one of the standard profiles. He also told me the THX mode is ok but far from perfect.

Can you maybe tell me the specific questions I will need to ask the person who ISF calibrated my JVC RS25?
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote