View Single Post
Old 28th November 2018, 14:39   #53754  |  Link
curael

----EDIT
For RTX users with stuttering issues, please read, and try Fullscreen Exclusive mode! It solved my issue that I describe below:
----EDIT
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new on here. I've been using MadVR in conjunction with my GTX 1070 from EVGA for some years now and I've been very happy, the video clock on the card/display has been VERY close to 23.976, like.. We're talking .979 instead of .976..

My issue now.. Is that I got an RTX 2080, same TV, same PC, same AVR, same MadVR config.. And I'm getting stuttering every 2-4th second, 4K, 1080, 720.. You name it.

The only difference I can see is that my clock on the new card is up to 23.981.. I have an estimated frame repeat expectancy of 4.4 minutes.. Seems fairly accurate too.. No dropped frames, a render time of 20-31ms on 23 content.. Like.. Everything looks okay.

So this insane stuttering that was introduced with the new card.. Can it be fixed? Is there any way I can get closer to the 23.976? And before that.. Does this little difference actually matter?

I have read about CRU and thinking to try it out to try and get my clock closer, I just want to be sure that it's actually worth it at this point. I'm also getting a new TV really soon and I'd be so sad if I can't actually fix this issue since content is pretty much unwatchable right now cause of the insane amount of juddering introduced from the new card.

For the record, I got a 750W PSU along with the RTX card to make sure that I was supplying enough power, up from a 600W, I don't know if this has anything to say in terms of the clock on the display/card.

I am so sorry if I'm derailing but this is the only thread I really know and I know it holds so much good info on everything display, color, MadVR and overall HTPC related so I'm trying my luck.

Thanks so much.

/CuraeL

Last edited by curael; 28th November 2018 at 17:13.
curael is offline   Reply With Quote