View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 23:01   #17  |  Link
Elic

New version and first portion of dosc

Hi there!

Sorry for long absence - I was busy by making next version of RR and attempting to translate its docs from Russian (my English is still weak and translation from native language is damn hard work ). My homepage is far from being ready yet, so I uploaded fresh version onto RapidShare again (http://rapidshare.de/files/1843782/rr-1.20.zip.html, 155047 bytes).

What's new in version 1.20:
- added support of Russian letters in filenames in both ANSI and OEM codepages under M$ Windows;
- DeXT's mode2cdmaker has undergone some changes;
- Russian documentation is finally made (not included in package - please see thread named "RR - cd-R eRRoR coRRectoR" on ShareReactor), translation into English already started (few first pieces is included in package, and I will post few others pieces onto this thread during week-end or so);
- improved processing of directory tree during protecting;
- few errors are fixed.

Thanks to all for your answers. I hope that my program is useful to you.

Unfortunately I not decided yet how to implement idea offered by defunkt and Pamel about autodetect redundant data size, but I plan to write a calculator or some kind a text-only frontend to rrenc that allows to simplify using of my program.

And some more about XCD.
Few days ago I finished reading old threads about XCD (thanks ukb008 for URLs), and I realized that XCD CD-level specifications exist I never heard about before. Then I spend few hours searching across Internet for another mentioning about these specs... nothing found. Does this mean that nobody developed further in this (XCD CD-level) direction? What a nuisance!

Also, I searched for Koepi's app "which produces the important backup sections" and found nothing again

But then, I found another GUI frontend for mode2cdmaker called cdrtfe. Unfortunately cdrtfe is written in Deutsch and in Delphi and is therefore as twice as incomprehensible for me Well, at least, I'm not alone in enthusiasm for XCD

Thanks to all!

Best regards,
Elic

EDIT: 2005/05/19 I was wrong about cdrtfe. I didn't noticed that it has file with messages translated into English and Russian. I played with it couple of hours, and IMHO cdrtfe is the most comfortable frontend to mode2cdmaker I ever seen. First release was about two years ago, and seems strange that nobody mentioned about this program and kerberos002, its author, on doom9 forum.

Last edited by Elic; 19th May 2005 at 21:16.
Elic is offline   Reply With Quote