View Single Post
Old 8th September 2011, 15:11   #5323  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
If i set only show forced subs it only shows forced subs. I should not need to set that as an option it should be automatic. In MPC-HC i have both audio and subs set to jap, eng. This works 100% correctly. In LAV I get full subs all of the time, if I leave the field where you state the language it ignores everything and defaults to the first sub track found in the MKV (could be German or whatever) or if I set to forced subs that is all I get so any foreign language movies I get NO subs whatsoever!
The options work 100% as advertised.
It just doesn't do anything beyond those options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
Also a lot of foreign movies I watch have the language set to 'undetermined'.
And what do you expect to happen for these?
Can't help it if your files do not have language tags.

Anyhow, it is planned to provide new subtitle selection logic with more "smart" selection capabilities.

For a small preview, check this post from a while back:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...52#post1519452

In addition to the above "advanced" logic, the "simple" logic will also behave much smarter, once its done.
I will probably work on that some time soon, actually.

I'll draft up the syntax specification in the next days, so people can comment on it before i start implementing it.

PS:
There is no "correctly", everyone prefers different subtitle logic.
Me? I want english or german forced subs, never anything else. That works pretty correctly for me. :P

The new logic should hopefully be able to accommodate everyone.

PPS:
I kinda doubt that MPC-HCs MKV splitter does anything "right" or "wrong", it creates one output pin for every subtitle, it doesn't have any logic whatsoever.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 8th September 2011 at 15:15.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote