View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:50   #2473  |  Link
stax76

@vidmen

Problem could be ProjectX as it don't demux the video, when I noticed this it was too late because I couldn't find a old version that still did. Other problem is VirtualDubMod might fail on captured AC3 files, on DVD sources it seems reliable. I'm not sure what options you have, I'm using DVBViever everyday but hardly ever encode captures, even if I did I don't use AC3. You could try not cutting with StaxRip but use a external application like ProjectX, there are lots of MPEG-2 cutting tools.

@w4tt4n4b3

Runtime termination in x264 happens often due to a bug in a library used by dgavcdec. You could try to use a dshow decoder instead, in version 1.1.2 in the options under Preperation you would remove the dga extension from the dgavcdec preparer. The preparer is still active then meaning dgavcindex will demux the source file but StaxRip don't change the source file to dga after the Preparer finished, this means the source file don't change and thus will be handled with DirectShowSource. You don't have to manually change your source filter to DirectShowSource as StaxRip will notice when a incompatible source filter is used and try to detect which source filter to use best. You have to install a AVC dshow decoder like ffdshow. You also have to disable decoding preparers as you get audio demuxed by dgavcdec.

@JeepinPete

Sync issues with DVD sources are often caused by tiny cells of the DVD structure, if you don't need subs you can trim in the beginning with DGIndex. DVD Decrypter can disable tiny cells, DVD Shrink can also trim in the beginning, there is a video on how to do it, you can find a link to it in the initial post of this thread.

@flebber

StaxRip assumed the template dir contains only StaxRip templates, in your case it contained some other files, StaxRip might have damages this files as it tries to update the templates! It crashes when a file is locked which happened in your case, I've changed it to only look for StaxRip template files. Better use a dedicated dir for StaxRip settings!