View Single Post
Old 15th January 2021, 20:43   #1324  |  Link
von Suppé

Great! Gonna check it out

[EDIT] During my first quick and dirty testing the PNG/XML import --> save as SUP, it seems to be working okay.

I did notice something. After importing a xml file with a framerate of 23.976, the "Frame rate" window in the editor screen says 25. This is only the case with SE-created xml files.
For framerate, there's a - small - difference in SE's exported xml script, compared to other ones.

SE uses <FrameRate="23976">

Other xml use <FrameRate="23.976">

After adding the "dot" in your xml-script, framerate is showed properly. But I have a question about that properly shown framerate.
When I save that xml (so, with the framerate properly shown 23.976) as SUP again, can you confirm that this framerate is honoured in the exported SUP?
I ask this because when I open this SUP in another tool, it shows framerate 25 again, instead of 23.976.

Another - minor - thing, concerning SE's xml export: it would be nice to be able to set "language".

Thanks Nikse. This already great non-OCR editing tool has a worthy addition with the XML to SUP conversion.

Thereby, it is more than a relieve to see that during the export from XML to SUP, SE honours the transparent rectangular background of the image and leaves that intact in the resulting SUP. This will keep sequential subtitles "seemed to be written on the same line".
It can be very uneasy to the eye when subtitles are "bobbing" up and down, especially when there is little or no time between them.
This unwanted behaviour is often overlooked and not dealt with properly by other subtitle tools.

Keep up the good work, Nikse!
Will continue testing.

Cheers

Last edited by von Suppé; 16th January 2021 at 10:16.
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote