View Single Post
Old 25th November 2020, 19:20   #4  |  Link
HDVProjection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
Tell your workflow. It is better to get that straight in the first place instead of trying to fix that up afterwards.
Still you can rip your Blu-ray, decode that and diff the 2 streams, source and encode.
ShowTheDifference is an old one, and StainlessS has written nice scripts to achieve that in greater detail and ease of work.
Frame-accurate source filters are a must, you may use Atak_Snipera's tool for evaluation of frame-accuracy of a given filter.
I edit in Premiere CS6 (normally just adding a few bumpers to the front of a feature prores), then dynamic link to Encore. The only advice I get from the Adobe forums is to clear my media cache, which I do in both Premiere and Encore, but it seems to have maybe a 50/50 chance of producing better results.

Authoring doesn't take that long, so I almost don't mind redoing it as needed. The real time consuming part is the QC afterwards. Watching the same 90-minute film 3 or 4 times, just to spot one stray frame an hour into it is just soul crushing.

Given the above, do you still recommend any of the tools you suggested? Thanks.
HDVProjection is offline   Reply With Quote