View Single Post
Old 15th November 2015, 21:41   #34269  |  Link
KoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Which exact GPU are you using when getting the DX11 frame jumping? And which OS are you using? And which discrete GPU are you using when *not* connecting your display to the mainboard HDMI output?
The CPU is a i7 4790K (HD4600 iGPU), and the discrete GPU is a GTX 980. OS is Win 8.1 64 bit.

What I looked for was to have QS doing the decoding and deinterlacing, and having the GTX 980 doing the resizing. But decoding + deinterlacing on QS was not working properly when using the dGPU for output (as soon as I skipped in the file, playback started grinding), so I tried to debug what was going on, and connected the TV directly to the motherboard HDMI port. That's how I encountered all of the above.

madshi, is it certain that the bat file really resets all the settings? And that it does not have to be run as administrator? Because I did not have the issue with subtitle positioning on this same file when I used 0.89.15 with the ar fixed dlls. But the issue started happening after switching to 0.89.16 (and doing a reset settings to defaults). Then I switched back to 0.89.15 + the ar fixed dlls, did a reset to defaults, and still had the subtitle issue. Finally, I started modifying all the settings in madVR, just enabling stuff, pressing Apply, and then disabling them back, and after some such random operations the subtitle issue was gone again with 0.89.15. But I also started doing the same in the Intel Graphics CP (like disabling the 3D Application Optimal Mode setting - when this is enabled the madVR OSD flickers badly on that file), so I'm not sure what fixed the positioning. The frame jumping back and forth is still there though, as are the issues when using the GTX 980 for output and QS for decoding and deinterlacing.

Last edited by KoD; 15th November 2015 at 21:53.
KoD is offline   Reply With Quote