View Single Post
Old 15th October 2005, 22:18   #5  |  Link
hpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw
This is very very strange ! in the same directory as mkvmagic.exe, first time program is launched a mkvmagic.ini is created with all path ! (i think you delete it..., so the program will ask again paths...)
BHH
I mean it's not even necessary to ask even once at the first start. You could just include in the package a preset mkvmagic.ini with your default paths and if someone needs to change the paths later (and the ini file respectively) just let him do it by the Setting button you have. For example if someone downloads new versions of the same tools to some other folders, not your default ones and needs to make the program use these alternative paths. But it wouldn't be necessary for anyone to change the paths if you always include the newest versions of these tools in the package with each new MkvMagic version (just like the other developers do). You can even make a "lite version" without any extra tools for advanced users who are supposed to already have these extra tools and just ask them to set the paths manually by the Setting button only once and then make a full version with all tools included for all other not so experienced users.

one bug: If you already have specified some path or file in the Input or Output fields and then click Input or Output button and then "Cancel", everything that is already set in the Input or Output field dissapears and I have to set it up again.

Last edited by hpn; 15th October 2005 at 22:30.
hpn is offline   Reply With Quote