View Single Post
Old 25th January 2019, 02:56   #423  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post
I imagine it would be somewhat similar to the tab management enhancements context menu entries, and the context menu entries in the Matroska Tools main tab's left pane.
No.
The Action Range option can be set in the Combobox (All SimpleTag, All SimpleTag of a Tags, ... etc.). And now it works for all SimpleTag values and for all tabs(new checkbox).
For example you have 20 tabs with one SimpleTag each and you set in the first tab(or any other) the TagString value to ROTATE, it will apply to all other tabs/SimpleTag's.
I will provide soon a new version because I found a bug (an other reason is the chapter database).

Quote:
If I understood correctly (and after reading the changes in rev1.12 for the Disc Title Profiles too), then the User would be able to create his pattern and save it as a profile for later re-use. Thus if I have to, then I could somewhat re-create Mp3tag's pattern as a profile for maximum compatibility.
Yes and you can use all Matroska Tags elements. I have two ways in my mind for re-use a profile.
1. like Disc Title Profiles
In a tab exists Tags,Tag,SimpleTag nodes and all values from a profile will be used only

2. empty/blank
The entire structure and data from the profile is used.

Matroska Tags Profiles will be a bit more complex as the Disc Title Profiles but I am quite confident.

Quote:
If it is then implemented, then perhaps it could be easily put to the tab management right-click context menu too. Such Play button would also be convenient for the Chapter editors main tab, so it might as well be a universal button too.
In Matroska Chapters editor you have a hotkey in the TreeView, "P"(default) plays the file. Such a hotkey is then for Tags editor also available.
I could also add a new item in Tab-Header-Management popup menu but I think the hotkey is enough. But if you say "I need this", you get it, no problem.

Quote:
I'm glad that cE would have its own "Header" tags editor in the future, so that both Header and XML tags could be conveniently edited in cE. Having used cE's XML tag editor, I imagine the Header editor counterpart would be as equally as powerful.
I will do my best, maybe this year.
Here some info:
SegmentInfo has also 3 parts, I hope I'm right. Mosu can maybe say more.
One part can be edit with mkvpropedit, an other part can be read from xml files while mkvmerge mux a file and the last part can be written by mkvmerge(or any other mkv tool) only.

In an xml file is no element for the mkv Title this is a job for mkvpropedit.
In the new Matroska SegmentInfo editor you can edit two parts(xml and mkvpropedit) and I will add comments in the xml file to preserve values which are not provided by Mosu. So the idea, but this will take some time.

Quote:
This is good news. I hope the other software players follow soon, especially MPC-HC. Though admittedly, the unofficial ROTATE tag already has a soft spot in my heart.
MPC-HC is developed by clsid only and he has strict rules for updates, I don't think he will add this feature. Or maybe is this a job for the splitter too, then you have to ask nevcairiel to upgrade LAV Filters.
On the other hand like you said the soft variant works perfect and will stay for a long time/or ever.

Quote:
Well, I'm honored and also... super scared, since admittedly I'm just a User. Right now I am caring for my mother who is 75 years old .......
I keep my fingers crossed for your mother so that everything goes well during the operation and wish you lots of creative energy for the time to come.
Don't feel you set under pressure to test cE. cE is not a life saver your mother is most important.
I will provide a test version and you have all the time you need, and when there is no time, believe me I'm the last one which is angry about this.

Quote:
1. Emoji support

Ability to save Emoji as XML tags. Right now, only Mp3tag can add new, read existing (though displayed as empty boxes), and save them. Back in my Windows XP time, I was craving for unicode support in my programs, and when the time finally came that I transitioned to Windows 7, unicode support was more widespread. So I was just happy to save those CJK / Thai / Hebrew / Hindi / Arabic texts for example easily. Then maybe just this 2016 or 2017, the Emojis came (eg. emojis, smilies, hands, flags, etc). Some of those YouTube videos even have emojis midway in the titles.

MKVToolNix GUI's Header Editor can add emojis as Header tags, but after saving, the display is immediately changed to black triangles with question marks in the middle/center (mojibake?). Sadly, after remuxing with MKVToolNix, both the Header emojis (added by MKVToolNix GUI's own Header Editor itself) and the XML emojis (added by Mp3tag) are lost.

My way of verifying that both those Header and XML emojis are really correctly inside the MKV is viewing via MediaInfo's HTML view.

I tested with cE. It can load them as empty boxes, but after saving, the XML emojis are lost. When viewed by MediaInfo's HTML view, the result is similar to MKVToolNix after remuxing, which looks like middle dots.

My hunch is that Mp3tag saves them as or switches to UTF-16. Perhaps somewhat like UTF-8 for ID3 v2.4 and UTF-16 for ID3 v2.3. And so, I use Mp3tag as my final editor/saver if there are emoji tags involved.

I also tested remuxing with FFmpeg. Luckily those emojis I saved with Mp3tag are retained.

Hopefully it would be officially supported by Matroska some time, since Mp3tag supports it and FFmpeg can retain them after remuxing.
Very interesting, could you provide sample files? An xml tags with the Emojis, an mkv and so on?

Quote:
2. Open With, SendTo, desired main tab

Ability to open an MKV/Matroska file directly to a desired main tab (like into the Matroska Tools main tab, my favorite). For example if it could be done via a command line switch or an option which could be put in a shortcut (lnk), or maybe to be put first into a batch file then called by the shortcut. Then it could be put into the SendTo folder for example. In fact I asked something similar to this in the MKVToolNix thread.

Or perhaps a default behavior configurable by the User when using Windows Explorer's Open With context menu. MKVToolNix's default behavior when opening an MKV file as ease, is to open it in the Multiplexer main tab.

Well who knows, maybe cE will have its very own Explorer right-click context submenu like those of WinRAR's, 7-Zip's, etc, in the far future.
I know what you mean and when I understand this right, then I have to manipulate the Windows registry. Indeed I have a bit experience with this but,
coding and how it works under Linux I have to learn.
I don't like the idea that cE writes in the Windows/Linux registry. I don't like it also when other portable tools this do. But I will think about it.

Quote:
3. Consolidate XML-Indexes

Ability to consolidate the XML-Indexes into one. For example, if I have 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5... 1.10, then maybe a right-click context menu to join them all into 1.1. The default TargetTypeValue and TargetType could be both simply "are not using", or perhaps a choosing of the User.

It would be quite useful for scattered or disordered XML tags, so that I don't have to drag the SimpleTags one by one into 1.1. For example, in my own very old previous XML tags I embedded when I had back in time only MKVToolNix to use, after editing and saving them with Mp3tag, the XML tags became disorderly (but no tag or actual media file corruption), so cE is best used in such scenario as the final editor/saver. Perhaps Mp3tag got confused because of the TargetTypeValue numbers I used back then.

Maybe this is applicable or could be added to the potential Action Range options. Maybe this could be handled via profiles. Perhaps I would find out later on.
I'm not sure if I understand you.
Many SimpleTag's should move in one go into SimpleTag1.1 and all moved SimpleTag's are now Sub-SimpleTag of ST1.1.
Can make two screenshots before moving and after?

Quote:
4. Cover display

This is probably hard and more approriate in the least priority section of the TODO list, especially for cE's future Header tagging support: Ability to display MKV/Matroska cover, even at least the first cover only. Mp3tag can display any existing Matroska cover (cover.jpg), delete them, but it can't add one yet.

This would be a convenient feature, for example if I have about 10-20 videos downloaded from YouTube and if they are all of unicode filenames (which I don't understand/can't read), then it would be hard for me (or the User) to identify the files after they are loaded into cE (for example dragging them all into the Matroska Tools). I often just embed the maxresdefault.jpg as the cover.jpg (if none then I resort to sddefault.jpg, then to hqdefault.jpg).

Or perhaps cE could tap Windows Explorer's own thumbnailing. I have Icaros installed for other formats like for MKV itself.
Mmmh... also interesting. Is a cover.jpg an attachment only? Could you provide a small mkv sample please?
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote