View Single Post
Old 25th June 2004, 22:07   #32  |  Link
Moitah

Re: Re: MPEG4Modifier v1.1.0 Released

Quote:
Originally posted by pogo stick
So should I remove 'DivX999b000p' part in XviD movie or just change 'p' to 'n' when removing packed bitstream? And, just out of curiosity, what all the numbers and letters after DivX and XviD mean? I was told that 'p' is packed bitstream and 'c' is cartoon mode.
If it's an XviD encode, you can just remove the fake DivX userdata when unpacking the bitstream. The XviD encoder only writes DivX userdata when packed bitstream is used. For a DivX encode, I believe you can either remove the 'p', or change it to 'n'.

The XviD userdata string is 'XviD' followed by a 4 character bitstream version (for example, XviD 1.0.1 writes the userdata 'XviD0035'). If the character 'C' is appended to the end, this indicates cartoon mode. The DivX userdata string is 'DivX' + version + 'b' + build ('DivX503b1031' for DivX 5.1.1), followed by a 'p' if packed bitstream was used.

EDIT: bond was quicker . Yeah, if you want to leave the fake DivX userdata string in there and just change 'p' to 'n' it won't hurt anything.

Last edited by Moitah; 25th June 2004 at 22:10.
Moitah is offline   Reply With Quote