View Single Post
Old 21st October 2011, 22:51   #10339  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I thought your tools could be used to convert ICC profiles to 3dlut files? And I thought you implemented that with LittleCMS and not with yCMS. Guess I was wrong about that? So your something -> 3dlut conversions always end up using yCMS?
You're misunderstanding. The ICC profile in question here already exists, thus it's technically not a device calibration done by any part of my tools. You are correct, I use LittleCMS and not yCMS (yCMS is only used for generating .3dluts from .ti3 files since I haven't added Argyll support yet, but if anybody would be interested in continued development of the project that would be near the top of my todo list).

They can be used to convert ICC profiles to .3dlut files, but in this case, he doesn't even have an ICC profile - he's looking for software that will generate an ICC profile (either device or link) to his requirements. My software is not capable of generating ICC profiles whatsoever, just using them.