View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 15:00   #44  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Isn't C# a .NET product with .NET features ? I'd thought the changelog said something like that.

Anyway, most of the way there now with a VB6 prog with unpack/pack only. Only mpeg4 style bitstream handling to go (have to fight with the VB6's lack of unsigned datatypes and no native bitshifting instructions and some other deficiencies in language design) and then the "startcode packet" rearranging (I have their file positions located in tables) and then AVI file writing with a new odml2 index (I ignore the AVI index and rebuild from scratch). A good thing Motiah's code is there to clarify what's what; the java code is good too, just have to remember it's big-endian byte positioning. I wish I knew C and had a free compiler, it might have been a lot easier. All done with dynamic arrays, it takes quite a lot of memory (a few hundred meg; but that's why we buy memory - to use it) and is NOT built for speed I read somewhere that VB6 runtime comes with XP and later, which suits my only objective. Now, I don't think I can post an exe because of licensing ...

Last edited by halsboss; 10th May 2009 at 15:18.
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote