View Single Post
Old 11th October 2006, 02:30   #13  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

Hi csnet,

I'm not very familiar with ZX81 (missed it just by little), but I have some thoughts/suggestions for you that might be useful:

- I don't quite understand all your connection schemes above, but from what I can see, the switchbox is an external device, right? Now, I suspect it does some "looping" because I see the 'fade to black' thing when a loop in the equipment is made, i.e. two VCRs have connected both inputs to outputs and vice versa or, on a modern computer, TVOut->VCR->Capture card of the same computer (and VCR tuned to see the output of the TVOut card).

- The successsor to ZX81 (a.k.a. ZX Spectrum or, I believe, Timex) had a built in RF modulator (wee, colour!), but also a composite signal could be pulled out of the edge-connector (just soldering 2 wires), and I (vaguely) remember recording it to VCR and/or displaying it on a pretty demanding/tight composite monitor, so I guess that signal was all right. But I highly doubt the same could be hacked on the ZX81. My guess would be that you would most likely need some kind of TBC.

GL
GrofLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote