View Single Post
Old 31st August 2008, 01:24   #407  |  Link
PatchWorKs

Well, sorry (or not?) to start this "flame"... I hope it will not cause any loosing.
Open Source softwares are really a cultural treasure.

BTW nowdays (in the communication era) we "live" in a software bazaar.

PD, FreeWare, ShareWare, Open Source (SS too !), Closed Source, EULA, own... a license jungle !

I believe that open source developers should choose an appropriate license for their packages (and I would also consider Patents and Royalties for this kind of applications... in the second stage).

GPL is a great freedom license, but you must reverse your rights so keep it in mind; and trust me, SourceForge is THE right place for you/your project (rapids**-like links tastes a bit of warez to me).

So i believe that you simply need an alternative (the same approach that borned the open source philosophy - @ 12:50th minute) and, fortunally, there are tons of !

As suggested, you could use GPL-compatible burning tools or, even better, you could start some kind of collaboration with other projects to obtain what you need.

Or implement an online update tool (WGET ?) that retrieves the "GPL-incompatible pack" from a PPF-CDN service.

Hope that helps !

Marco Ravich

Official git: https://www.forart.it/HyMPS/

Last edited by PatchWorKs; 31st August 2008 at 01:29.
PatchWorKs is offline   Reply With Quote