View Single Post
Old 21st October 2011, 21:19   #10335  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Alpha blending: Yes. Scaling? Not sure. If you render in SD and ask me to scale to HD then the subtitles will look very blurry and low-res. It'd be better if the subtitles were rendered at target resolution. Then scaling should not be necessary.
Three factors here:

1. Performance as mentioned
2. 3D transformations and such will simply look wrong if not rendered at the correct resolution, or so I've been told
3. In some cases, blurry subtitles might be desired because they would fit into the scenery better (eg. softsubbed signs), whereas a noticeably too-HD sign would stand out too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Why would I be?
It makes communication like this a great deal faster when all involved parties are present.

Quote:
Have you tried nand chan's tools? Doesn't he have a "competeting" solution to yCMS? Maybe his tools create better 3dlut files?
Unfortunately my tools are not capable of calibration, not by themselves nor do I have any plans to include such functionality. I rely on existing tools such as LittleCMS, yCMS, ArgyllCMS and ICC profiles to generate a 3dlut. It's just a “unification” engine, so to say - it unifies the color pipeline into a well-defined 64-bit space and allows you to mix any sorts of different stuff (.cal files, .3dluts at every bit depth imaginable, .icc profiles, custom logic) into the same pipeline then output that.

It is not intended for nor capable of any form of measurement-based display calibration.

Last edited by nand chan; 21st October 2011 at 21:23.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote