View Single Post
Old 18th July 2008, 19:16   #13  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBot View Post
Reading the VID only takes about 3 seconds to answer and delivers:
The volume id gets stored automatically in ram (of your drive) shortly after you insert the disc. What does take so long is the execution of a function which finally produces the volume id mac (last 16 bytes of the return) which is normally used for the verification of the volume id. Now this function has some requirements which have to be met before it runs successfully and one of those requirements is that you request a valid agid. I really don't know what the function does during these 3s so i suggest you better follow the normal authentication procedure at least to the point where you request the agid. I believe(!) the volume id mac will be wrong in any case unless you perform a successful authentication first so you can simply ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBot View Post
So for me it looks like the patch is working like it should. But to be able to verify the vid I would need the suitable processing key ?
You could also just try this with a disc you know the volume id of. Actually you only need the media key now. Together with the volume id you will get your volume unique key needed for decryption. Maybe we will see a updated version of aacskeys soon which exploits this patch so you can simply verify the decryption result (using dumphd or whatever tool you use).

Did you check that powerdvd and windvd are working with the patched firmware?

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 18th July 2008 at 19:28.