View Single Post
Old 19th July 2004, 09:03   #679  |  Link
Sakuya

I really appreciate that you have created this guide. I don't understand how a given stereo track can be divided into a surround track since the original had nothing like that. You do mean a 5.1 track for DVDs right? I think 5.1 tracks is a division where some is designed to come out of the back speakers and whatnot. Since my stereo track has voices and background music mushed together, how will Plogue divide that?

Edit:
Okay, it finished recording and I now have a testresult.wav. Is there a program for me to convert it to AC3 keeping all the channels? I used BeSweet to enter this input line to get the 6 wav files:

BeSweet.exe -core( -input testresult.wav -output D:\TEST\ -type wav -6ch) -ota( -G max )

It gives me this error message:

Error 58: Error : Unknown Input-File Format : "testresult.wav".

I put the WAV file in the same folder as BeSweet.exe so why won't it work? In Plogue before I followed your guide, I set the Preferences to 48000 Hz since I'm working with that. I tried my best at the BeSweet GUI v0.7 b2 to convert the WAV to AC3 but it shows the same error message above. Is something wrong with the WAV file? I am sure I followed your guide correctly. I also tried using BeSplit to fix the WAV and output as an AC3 but the black command line box popped up and nothing happened. It just stays there with no moving white numbers.

Last edited by Sakuya; 19th July 2004 at 10:00.