Thread: PgcEdit 0.6.3.1
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2006, 01:55   #382  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-eddy
Edit2: I could limit the problem in the meantime. If I pgcedit simply start and afterwards a project over the menu open function it. I mostly work however differently. I normally right-click on a Ifo and open the project over the Context menu. Now I do not know whether Pgcedit is appropriate at all for it. However with some projects everything functions without problems.
Yes, PgcEdit can be started that way. You can even associate the IFO or BUP files with PgcEdit (with the Options -> Install menu options.) The problem you have should not be related to the way you open the DVD.

Try this:

- Remove binversion.tcl from the bin subdirectory of your PgcEdit's install dir. It will force PgcEdit to recreate the bin files in that folder the next time it is started.

- Rename the folder C:\documents and settings\Application data\PgcEdit to something else. (The PgcEdit setups are stored in this folder. If you want to restore them, delete the newly created PgcEdit folder, and rename the backup to PgcEdit.)
Note that Application Data is normally an hidden folder, so, you might have to change the Hidden Files and Folders option in the Folder Options control panel to be able to see it. Also, it might be translated in your language by Windows. (M$ is so stupid!)

Launch PgcEdit now. Maybe it will work fine.

Try also to disable the preview DirectDraw Overlays (in the preview menu.)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote