View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:35   #13945  |  Link
oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
What does madVR report as your 'Display Hz' & 'Clock Deviation %' after you let it stabilize?
With use D3D11 for presentation ticked

After 8 minutes playback

display 23.97603Hz
Composition rate 59.940Hz
clock deviation 0.00179%
1 frame drop every 37 minutes but never seems to get past a certain amount (like never in hours).

use seperate thread is disabled. I always get 1 presentation glitch from start. I sometimes get an error message box popup on MPC exit but it vanishes from the screen too fast for me to see what it is. Does not happen if D3D11 is unticked.

Again after 8 minutes playback.

With D3D11 unticked and use seperate thread ticked.

display 23.97603Hz
clock deviation 0.00195%
1 frame drop every 34 minutes. Again it never seems to go any higher.

ctrl-j says 0 dropped frames , delayed frames and glitches but need to wait for the movie to get past around the 2 hour mark to know (I am using a 3 hour 1080p movie as a test) if it actually does.

With D3D11 unticked and use seperate thread unticked I get a slightly lower clock deviation and it gets there bit quicker.

If I use ReClock in the chain (allowing the not recommended bitstream processing) deviation goes down to single digits. With D3D11 enabled it says 1 dropped frame every so many days. With D3D11 unticked, several hours. However I don't know about dropped audio frames. It says in ReClock 1 repeat audio frame initially. I would need to play something for a couple of hours to see if I get any dropped/repeated audio (and video) frames using that.

BTW if I tick A/V Sync in LAV audio decoder I always get dropped frames at the beginning of playback. I usually have it unticked.

I'm thinking I might just use ReClock as I can suffer the occasional dropped audio frame. I tend not to notice those unless there are lots of them and music is playing. Video frame drops however I nearly always notice.

Oh and I use CUVID for decoding. I am going to try MadVR's software decoding to see if I get any different results.

EDIT: Just a quick test of using MadVR's video decoding does not seem to make any difference.

I am thinking ReClock does a better job of correcting any fluctuations in a/v sync or jitter? I don't have any vsync on in ReClock so don't know what it's actually doing to get the better playback figures (WASAPI perhaps?)

EDIT: One other thing. I use SPDIF output from my motherboards onboard sound (SoundMax) as my receiver is old and does not support HDMI audio. I am thinking the audio clock is not so good on the onboard soundcard which may be why ReClock has to compensate?

Last edited by oddball; 23rd September 2012 at 13:01.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote