View Single Post
Old 8th October 2008, 02:22   #610  |  Link
Nakaleen

Hi I am new to x264farm. Arfter some playing around I got x264farm to work over a network, also for it to work inside Staxrip.

My problem is that x264 keeps crashing on all my computers on the last section of the second pass. All it says is 'x264 as stopped working' and waits for me to close that error window, which is a pain when I leave it overnight only to find that is hasen't even finished one encode hehehe.

I have tried diffrent x264 builds, diffrent os (also crashes in the same spot on XP) a later version of Nice (ever tried to find the program 'Nice' via google, not easy hehehe) but x264 still reports an error

Here is an example of my setting (it is a modified version of Staxrip's Highprofile settings)

Controller.exe --first "--bitrate 907 --level 4.1 --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --threads auto --progress --sar 1:1 --no-psnr --no-ssim --subme 1 --partitions none --me dia" --second "--bitrate 907 --level 4.1 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --subme 6 --partitions all --8x8dct --trellis 1 --threads auto --progress --sar 1:1 --no-psnr --no-ssim" --output "R:\Movies\Ah My Goddess\Ah My Goddess_EncoderOutput.mkv" --avs "R:\Movies\Ah My Goddess\Ah My Goddess.avs"

I am running with Agent Encoding...

I think that all I can add, I've tried sifting through the out-dump.txt files but can't see anything that says what caused the errors.

I would LOVE for this to work as it has increased my encoding speeds from 12fps to about 30-35fps (if I keep an eye on all my computers to close down all the error boxes hehehe)
Nakaleen is offline   Reply With Quote