View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2004, 20:55   #5  |  Link
DeXT

Re: Re: New winLAME test version (aac, wma, flac, multichannel & more)

Quote:
Originally posted by hans-jürgen
Great, thank you. I guess you still use libfaac.dll like HeadAC3he does now, too? Is there a chance to transcode directly from 5.1 AC-3 to 5.1 AAC/MP4 with WinLAME in the future? Do you support MP4 file writing and tagging, too (the normal libfaac.dll cannot do this yet)?
Yes I use the standard libfaac.dll which is also available at RareWares so you can safely replace it with a new release or a faster ICL compile. This is why I like dynamic link libraries (speaking of this, I tried to get rid of the custom nlame.dll and use the standard lame_enc.dll but I had to give up after I realized that its interface sucks and this would lead to reduced functionality, as it allows less control of the encoding from the host app).

About AC3 input support, I will probably add it sooner or later, but I first have to study which library to use, either liba52, azid or whatever else. Note, however, that a dedicated app like HeadAC3he will probabbly do a better job as it can downmix, normalize, amplify and the like, which is not really winLAME's field as a simple transcoding utility.

MP4 support is planned but not implemented yet (look at the to-do list). Tagging support will be added, too.

DeXT
DeXT is offline   Reply With Quote