View Single Post
Old 27th September 2017, 11:13   #304  |  Link
hello_hello

gpower2,
Thanks for the new version.

However.... gMKVExtractGUI v2.0 and 2.0b seem to be broken in respect to the Windows Explorer Right Click/SendTo menu. It results in a popup message saying an error has occurred (at least on XP). After closing the error message, gMKVExtractGUI opens but without opening the files.

Right clicking on a stream in the list of files/streams doesn't actually select it. As an example, if you open two MKVs and the first MKV is highlighted in the list of files, right clicking on the second MKV and selecting "remove selected input file" removes the first file and not the second, because the second wasn't selected by right clicking on it.

When right clicking to check or uncheck tracks, the track count seems counter-intuitive to me. If you have five MKVs open with an audio stream each and check them all, the right click menu shows (5/5) next to "check audio tracks" but (0/5) next to "uncheck audio tracks". To me it'd make more sense if the both displayed the number of currently checked tracks rather than what's checked in one instance and what's unchecked in the other.... because I'm easily confused.

I'm not sure if it's by design or not, but dragging and dropping files is a "one chance" proposition. You can right click to "add files", then right click again to add some more, whereas dragging and dropping replaces the current files rather than adding more to the list.

While it's nice having a right click menu to select all tracks of a certain type etc, I think it'd be handy to have buttons for each type of track on the main GUI somewhere so all video or all audio streams etc could be selected with a single click.

Thanks again.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote