View Single Post
Old 14th November 2011, 20:29   #10867  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
And is the mc17 internal player just as good asmpchc and can madvr and lav filters be used?
I tried this out last night after hearing that it uses the madVR video clock for sync, rather than its own calculated sync as ReClock does. It seemed pretty good, but the UI for configuring things was fairly complex, and I didn't see a way to check that audio was being decoded correctly, for example.

The biggest issue I had was that it runs madVR in windowed mode so that they can use their own player controls for video files (which I personally thought were rather ugly) and I still have the problem where changing resolution on file launch has madVR playing back everything at what appears to be half the framerate or less in windowed mode until I bring up the madVR preferences dialogue or go into FSE.

When you enable fullscreen exclusive mode, the madVR seek bar doesn't work in their player, and mousing to the edge kicks you back to windowed mode.

The main reason I decided to try it out though, was their mention of advanced downmixing and crossfeed functions for headphone use (I only use headphones) but those controls don't seem to apply with Blu-ray playback.

Edit: Oh, and when I uninstalled it, it removed ffdshow from my system which I wasn't too happy about.

Last edited by 6233638; 14th November 2011 at 20:37.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote