View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:02   #749  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
What do you mean by "CUVID server is running"? You mean sitting there idle in the taskbar, or actively decoding? If the former it's a bug, if the latter, what do you expect, given that the processes have to share the GPU? I'm surprised the latter case works at all and doesn't garble up the encode.
When it happened the server was idling. I turned if off and the problem stopped. However it does not seem to happen if I haven't been encoding, only after the server has been used. I will do some testing this evening and try to define the exact circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Maybe your machine is not fully stable. Is it overclocked?
The machine was rock solid before I swapped out my 7600 for the 9600. No CPU overclock, memory is 900MHz underclocked at 824 MHz and no graphics overclocking. I have two 120mm case fans and a 120mm fan in the psu. CPU cooler is an Asus Silent Square.

However, like you, I suspect a stability problem because fitting the 9600 (and the latest driver - 180.48) also broke Xvid (cured by a re-install) and h164ts_cutter refuses to show any video except immediately after a re-boot.

I know that this thread is probably not the correct place to discuss this if it is my machine that is at fault rather than your excellent software, but if anyone has any ideas?

Cheers