View Single Post
Old 27th July 2005, 20:41   #12  |  Link
ffreese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
May I ask what you think about the player. And how well does it perform with NeroDigital encodes (in .MP4)?
Cheers
ND is the main reason, why I bought those players. As the three players are from the same factory, there are no differences in the behaviour between them.

There seem to be problems with some loaders - that was the reason, why I returned one player. Now I have two players with good loaders (fast, quiet).

All players play ND standard profile and also cinema profile (up the full pal resolution - 720 x 576) with AAC audio 5.1. Up to two sound tracks und two subtile tracks are supportet. I use this profile to back up my stargate dvdīs - with about 640k / 42mins they are damn near to dvd

Also chapters are supported by the players. I have 7 films on one dvd/r /rw. The players need about 30 seconds to scan a file after starting it. The seem to read the chapters. After this, the film starts and you can jump fast between the chapter points.

If you change audio or subtitles the player stops for half a second and restarts at the point you changed.

I have one player on a 16/9 tv - the playback of 16/9 in 720x576 is fantastic.
The other player is on a 4/3 tv - playback of the same files produces "eggheads". Does any one know, how to set DAR/PAR properly the ND-.MP4-files?

I also tested kiss players and buffalo link theatre - but both players didnīt play ND .p4īs ... So for ND the Xoro 4000 is at this time the best player avaylable. Does anyone know anything about the upcoming PackardBell DVD DIVX 450 pro? This player is not sold here in germany. It would be interesting, if this player uses the same hardware-platform as XORO/Siemssen/Tevion or if it is a different one. The Packard Bell is sold in Belgium and France.

Regards,

Frank
ffreese is offline   Reply With Quote