View Single Post
Old 20th December 2012, 20:48   #16  |  Link
Eyedunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Try to use DScaler (AFAIR it provide special mode for 524,526line videos) to capture such sources and then compare results - perhaps deinterlacing will be not required.
Hrm, I do use DScaler (Win7 doesn't have drivers for TV@nywhere as far as I know, and I prefer DScaler anyway), but I have not noticed such an option. The only options are for pixel WIDTH (720, 640, etc.). I think this varies by card though, as my older BT878 card had a different set of options.

Edit: Oh, also, as far as capturing, there are very few deinterlacing options. I can either capture odd fields, even fields, blended fields, or full, interwoven frames. The latter option creates rather huge files using the Lagarith codec, but I can get any kind of deinterlacing I want in post-processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyth View Post
The trick is, it isn't all or nothing.
If the parts of the frame that are flickering can be identified then the "reflickering" can be applied to just that.
That is the function I'm working on over at TASVideos.org.
If you'd like to hear more you can ask here, or visit over there.
It sounds fantastic, like if you could detect a 30Hz flicker and ensure that it alternates frames correctly or detects 60Hz flicker in another part of the image and implements a scheme like TASBlend over just that area. I do think that even if you get this working well, it will probably be more useful for TASVideos than for me. I try to capture in S-Video when possible, but even if I were capturing in RGB, it wouldn't be as clean as an emulator signal (though it would be close, especially if I had a 1chip SNES).

Still, I am very interested in what you come up with.

Last edited by Eyedunno; 20th December 2012 at 21:15.
Eyedunno is offline   Reply With Quote