View Single Post
Old 14th June 2013, 21:32   #3  |  Link
martin53

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
...have real expectations of this, hope you live up to them.
Same for me! To be honest, the underlying concepts of the three algorithms are quite ungarnished. But there was or is plenty of research on the topic, and this is what publicly evolved from it. To repeat myself: the concepts are not my inventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Was the MYStats thing of any use ?
I am convinced it will! I first tried it on itself on some clips and found that it seemed to work well. The list of challenges on my mind contains averaging over a group of frames, which in turn demands scene detection, an automatic mode which evaluates several algorithms and chooses/balances between them, and, maybe most important, masking of a color range that is valid at all for potential color temperature shift, i.e. lies along the temperature curve and is not a colorful object. I expect much from this to reduce misled corrections.

Up to now, I had to cope with color bleeding, banding etc. from the bad resolution of 8 bits in the neccessary YUV-RGB-YUV processing. Research on how to define the interesting color range will come next.

You can see from the examples that there is a lack of full featured statistics functions for RGB as there is for YUV for the task. I found workarounds though, so that's not a job stopper.
martin53 is offline   Reply With Quote