View Single Post
Old 27th November 2011, 13:52   #7359  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
LAV Filters 0.40 bug report (splitter in particular):

MKV[H.264+Vorbis] sample
For some mysterious reason the LAV Splitter refuses to connect to FFDShow's Audio Decoder. The LAV Audio Decoder always kicks in. Just try this sample in MONOGRAM GraphStudio and manually add FFDShow's Audio Decoder. The LAV Splitter and FFDShow's Audio Decoder don't seem to agree with each other.
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodySword View Post
MKV is very buggy I think.
MKV is a container, Containers cannot be "buggy". Its most likely just the muxer that produced something horrible, or the demuxer not reading it properly (or the format just being screwed up in general, like WavPack Hybrid, horrible idea of a format)

MP4 is a even worse container, fwiw.
Take a already horrible container based on QuickTime, and try to add some rather odd ideas an top, and then call it a ISO standard .. voila, MP4

PS:
If you ever want something fixed, i need a sample of a failing file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragg987 View Post
How can I achieve this? The options in the audio decoder only permit DTS-HD to be bitstream if DTS is also bitstreamed.
Not with LAV Audio. DTS-HD is DTS, just with some extra data, separating the logic for the two would add quite some complexitiy for some rather obscure use-cases. I mean, if you want to use ReClock, just decode all audio.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 27th November 2011 at 14:02.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote