View Single Post
Old 13th June 2017, 23:18   #22  |  Link
hbenthow

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
So revert it. You have had several experts advise you but won't try following their advice. So do whatever you have to do and get over it. Just in case you didn't think of it, you can try the offered advice and if it doesn't work out, then you can revert. That may allow you to retain your beloved Zoom Player.
I'd hardly call Zoom Player "beloved" at this point. I have yet to even try it out and find out whether I like it.

Quote:
Time for me to walk away from this thread, just as jdobbs did from one of your other threads.
I can't blame you. I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to all things digital, due to a combination of obsessive-compulsive disorder and previous experiences with serious computer problems (in a nutshell, two computers in the past year had serious problems due to problems that have never been identified despite myriad tests, so the slightest hint of a problem with my current computer sends my stress levels through the roof and typically causes me to scurry for the most "nuclear" option to make sure the threat is gone). The results can unfortunately be extremely frustrating for anyone attempting to advise me on such matters.

Regarding my mistake about when DGDecIM was last updated, that was due to my finding a web page that I assumed was from the codec's creator which claimed to feature the newest version but which hadn't been updated since 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
It's true you need specific hardware and have to buy a licence. So far it is worth every penny for me.

If the output wasn't perfect I wouldn't use it and I guess it's the same for all others using it.

But I don't want to say you have to use it. It's your decision of course. There is no best or worst. It all depends on your personal needs.
I see. I think that I'll stick with DirectShow for the time being, as it has worked well for me so far.

Quote:
Regarding your player software I cannot help. I just use MPC with MadVR.
I also have MPC-HC, although I don't remember whether it installed MadVR.

Is there any chance that MadVR, DirectVobSub, DCoder Image Source, Bass Audio Decoder, or 3DYD Youtube Source could interfere with BD Rebuilder in any way? I'm not familiar enough with any of these codecs to know.

If not, I suppose that I could try uninstalling LAV Filters through the Zoom Player Install Center, then manually reinstalling it.

Are there any other of the codecs that you would recommend either uninstalling or reinstalling?

Last edited by hbenthow; 13th June 2017 at 23:36.
hbenthow is offline   Reply With Quote