View Single Post
Old 26th February 2015, 04:00   #6  |  Link
jriker1

Thanks for your replies. Couple things:

HuffYUV is out as I am on Win 7 64-bit and can't get it working beyond the encoding. No decoding so can't open it up after it was created. Sure Lagarith is good. Lossless is lossless no unless it's a final file? I also have MagicYUV but can use UT_Video if there is a good reason to and will work universally in my system.

My files are MKV so I can pull out the individual movies on the DVD and not deal with one big file. I will however use ffmpeg to copy the mkv content to a vob and go from there with you suggestion StainlessS. I do know the footage is telecine and when I use

tfm(mode=5,pp=0,slow=1)
tdecimate(cycle=5)

there are still some interlace artifacts after using it so not sure if in d2v it will work better. Thinking:

d2v="file.d2v"
MPEG2Source(d2v=d2v,cpu=0,idct=5)
TFM(d2v=d2v, pp=0)

Above from cihub I think so not sure what is necessary or not.

I think Handbrake can get rid of the interlacing completely from testing but not sure what detelecine tool it's using so don't like not knowing nor know if there are better tools.

creaothceann, I'm using that because I was deinterlacing. No talk about why are you doing this. I'm not using it now as I am of the belief my content is telecined not pure interlaced.

Thanks for the help. Stay tuned tomorrow for me to test it.

JR
jriker1 is offline   Reply With Quote