View Single Post
Old 29th November 2005, 21:58   #64  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
Currently I don't have plans for chapter support other than letting define the path to a chapter file. Am I right to assume DVDDecrypter outputs ANSI chapter files?
yep

Quote:
I've added DAR support to MP4Box muxing but wasn't able to playback this right. I tried using latest VLC as well as ffdshow. I followed the description found here. Maybe my ffdshow or haali splitter is too old and I just need to update. I capture DVB and encode it using XviD/AVI or use XviD/mkv with vobsub for DVD so I'm still a little bit clueless about x264/MP4 as I don't use it yet.
anamorphic resize is done exactly the same way in mp4 as in avi, meaning its stored in the bitstream and not in the container

Quote:
What I've done is adding DAR arguments to the MP4Box cmdl if no filter of the category "Resize" is enabled. Must I also signal something to x264? I saw a switch called sar, never heard of this before, by now I know ar, dar and par, things are getting ugly now...
do you really support DISPLAY AR or more PIXEL AR?
btw the one and only right expression for pixel aspect ratio in avc is "SAR" (sample aspect ratio). the avc standard also doesnt know "display aspect ratio", meaning dar has to be recalculated to the correct sar, but you propably know that already

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free