View Single Post
Old 25th October 2001, 15:21   #12  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Thanks, DobbyPower and matzed,

Perhaps because I am older, and a southerner (Texan), I like to see our community hospitable to everybody. That comes from the old days where if you were inpolite somebody could shoot ya with impunity! (just kidding)

Seriously though, I really dislike rudeness. IMO, this is a "new" way of the new world that I don't care for at all. I don't care what culture, religion, age, ethnicity, etc., we should all do our best to remember that everybody is due proper respect until they demonstrate they are not due any (then ya shoot them ). It is easy to say that, but damn hard to do when somebody asks "Is a cdr round or square"

Anyway, to DobbyPower's bouncer comment, while I agree, I would rather limit that type of response to people that are rude and disrespectful of our community, rather than those that are just lazy and dumb. There is a fundemental difference between the two types and sometimes that is easy to forget.

We can still answer a dumbass question with a link to another thread since the search thing is not working and a polite but pointed, "In the future, please do some more research before asking questions in the forum".

Also, let's try to educate people about how superfluous questions drive good stuff off the first page of the board too quickly. This board has such a large amount of traffic that sometimes it reminds me of an alt.binaries group with messages being driven off in just a day. At least we don't actually lose any like they do.

I am going to check in with Doom9 soon and see what the traffic is like. If it is heavy enough perhaps I could request of him a DVD2SVCD newbie forum like he did for NanDub. Then some of us could alternate telling folks cdrs are the little round frisbee looking things

DD
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote