View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:14   #1625  |  Link
xiai

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I was right, and that bug was easy to reproduce.

The problem was due to the generation of the scripts necessary to encode the 2D version of the movie. (This feature is not widely used, but has been requested by some users, and it was relatively easy to implement, so I did it.)

For technical reasons, it is not possible to encode the 2D version with x265. Therefore, to generate the script, the program uses the settings of the x264 encoder, set in the last tab when the selected encoder is x264. You can, for example, set it to encode in 2-pass. Then, you change your mind, and you select the x265 HEVC encoder. The settings in the last tab change, and can be, for example, CRF 28. Then you launch the generation of the project. It is correctly generated for the 3D version, but the bitrate variable, not necessary when encoding in CRF mode, is not properly initialized. Since the x264 encoding in 2-pass mode requires the bitrate variable, the program crashes when it generates the _ENCODE_2D.cmd script.

Luckily, that bug had no impact on the 3D versions, and did not occur when the two encoding modes (for x264 and x265) were identical (CRF for example). Anyway, that bug is now fixed. I will release a new version soon...
ok,thanks!