Thread: RV9-EHQ
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2003, 23:47   #8  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
hy
i have two questions
1) where and how can i download the latest compiles for helix producer? i already registered but
2) am i right that with your work on helix producer you try to get the best possible out of realvideo9 (for example with ehq) without changing the codec itself?
1) When you have registered and obtained a username on helixcommunity.org, all you have to do is agree to the binary EULA, and then you should have access to the binary download section. The release with EHQ is the June 4 build. This is a zip file which unpacks the command line Helix Producer. Did you try the link in the first post?
2) all my work on RV9-EHQ is actually in the codec itself. It's all about the codec making more optimal encoding decisions, without changing the format of the bitstream. The resulting bitstream can then be played back in existing decoders. There are also improvements in Producer, but these are feature and system related. So to summarize: the RV9-EHQ changes live in the encoder codec which is part of Helix Producer, but produces RV9 bitstreams that are backwards compatible with existing RV9 decoder codecs.