View Single Post
Old 24th November 2016, 00:25   #40668  |  Link
YxP

Well NGU seems to be pretty damn awesome. I can use NGU-low for chroma AND both luma and chroma doubling with my AMD HD7850 GPU and the fan isn't even 100%. I know that at least luma doubling is working, because of the obvious quality change, but from what I quickly gathered from this thread, this might not be how it is supposed to be? Should my setup be struggling? OSD seems to be working. Anyways, I'm not using either chroma or chroma doubling NGU other than for testing purposes. However, bilateral-NGU could be interesting, if it's within reasonable performance requirements.

On a personal note, I'm very happy to see NGU to land, since this is probably the first time that even my friends, who don't normally care for picture quality, actually noticed that things on the screen changed when I switched from super-xbr 100 to NGU-low. Can't give higher praise to madshi than that.

@leeperry Looks like you still have your 7850 and 13-series drivers? Could you report some numbers for comparison? I'm on the latest 64bit crimson. Same card.

@ryrynz You saw it necessary to tell me that big screens don't matter, only the distance from the screen. You do have some attitude and nobody is being too much of a dick about it. Let's all be friends, shall we?
YxP is offline   Reply With Quote