View Single Post
Old 30th April 2003, 21:17   #32  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

EDIT 4 May
The right sentence seems to be (with two backslash)
IfNotEqual,CharRight, \\ , Goto, DoNotTrim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Adge has found (and solved) one bug in mdvdauth. Thanks Adge!!
Seems it is time to produce a new release...

The code introduced in 0.22 to solve the backslash issue does not work. So do not select "folder structure" in Misc tab, or correct and recompile the scripts

Here is his mail
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus,

My apologies for mailing to you directly, but the Doom9 forum will not allow me to post for another 5 days.

I am using your miniDVD plugin for DVD2SVCD (for a cheap Pacific 1020 DVD player - plays everything) but I am a little puzzled.

At first it would not work at all: as soon as it got to "transcodeac3.exe", AutoIt would give an error message saying that it could not execute the file. It suggested that slashes may be the problem.

So I downloaded AutoIt to learn how to use it, and decompiled your scripts (yes, I know you included them but I wanted to be sure there was no mistake). And I think I've found a bug in mdvdauth.

In both transcodeac3 and mdvdauth you have the following code:

IniRead, Folder_read, %dvd2svcd%\\dvd2svcd.ini,
Folders, Audio Folder
SetEnv, WorkingDir, %Folder_read%
StringRight,CharRight,Folder_read,1
IfEqual,CharRight, \ , Goto, DoNotTrim
StringTrimRight, WorkingDir, Folder_read, 1
DoNotTrim:

I guess that this is to handle the trailing '\' that sometimes appears on the folder in dvd2svcd.ini. But is seems to me to be the wrong way round. If there is a '\' detected it should invoke StringTrimRight, but as you can see above it only trims if the '\' is NOT present!

I believe the fourth line above should be

IfNotEqual,CharRight, \ , Goto, DoNotTrim

I have changed mine, recompiled and it now works - and I have made some excellent miniDVDs.

What puzzles me, however, is how it ever worked at all. Other respondents seem not to have a problem. Or are they using old versions? (you seem to suggest that this code was introduced in 0.2.2).

Or have I got it completely wrong?

Anyway, thanks for a great plugin to a great tool.

BTW, another teeny bug: line 489 of mdvdauth.aut says
; Focus on Get VTS sectors DVD\TEMP\VIDEO_TS
.. I think it should be VD\ROOT\VIDEO_TS

Adge

Last edited by jsoto; 4th May 2003 at 21:52.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote