View Single Post
Old 25th July 2020, 13:41   #8  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigan1 View Post
Maybe you should go to UTvideo, it's also open-source like huffyuv.
Well, I do actually have it installed and I've been using it from time to time, however my workflows are all based on HuffYUV as a temporary mezzanine file, so I'm gonna stick with that for now for compatibility purpose, but yeah, I might switch to UTVideo one day or another.

Quote:
On my laptop, I know I have a no name ssd but it's very slow at writing but fast at reading (i tested it a while back) it may be the bottleneck of utvideo caping at around 58fps on my laptop.
Yeah, that's what I thought...

Quote:
x264 lossless ultrafast is not intra frame, it uses P-frames (i disabled B-frames that is why it is so fast). But the "ultrafast" setting is good, don't go "superfast" it's 30% slower and use more cpu, and the filesize is NOT 30% smaller. Not worth it.
Well of course it's not intra, it uses motion compensation built into x264 to reduce the file size. You could technically force it to be intra with --keyint 1 but that would incredibly affect compressibility.

Quote:
I will test UTvideo this week and see if I can improve to get a steady 60fps, if not I will record 30fps !!!
30fps is gonna be safe, but if you wanna risk it, you could try with 50p.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote