View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2020, 18:14   #4  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigan1 View Post
I have a very slow cpu (laptop 2cores 4threads) and I can't get 60fps with x264, so I think ffhufyuv will be my best performer at recording. I can upgrade my SSD for bigger files, but I can't upgrade mu CPU so I will go with this.

EDIT : It seems UTvideo is faster to encode than Huffyuv

How can I "benchmark" utvideo vs x264lossless for fps and file size/bitrate ?
UTVideo faster than huffyuv? Well it's better in terms of parallelization as it's newer but it should be slightly more computational complex than huffyuv. Anyway you should be easily able to encode at 60p with them.
As to the benchmark, you can encode a sample of a few minutes with them both and check the average fps, but if you really care about space, you can easily re-encode your captured file with x264 or x265. In terms of space they should give you better results. Lagarith is kinda old and I wouldn't use it, but you could also try FFV1 for lossless encoding. It's computationally complex, so I think you could try to see the file size of x264, x265 and FFV1 vs encoding times and see what's viable for you. Don't forget to post your findings, it would be interesting to see how FFV1 compares to x265.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote