View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 18:48   #687  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Looks like either Valdec produced an invalid output Wave file or SoX didn't like the Wave file produced by Valdec for whatever reason.

Can you provide an AC-3 file to reproduce?
I tested the sample (cut ac3) file I was going to send you and it worked so I don't think it could be worth... but if you mind, the produced (intended) file was a 3Gb wav, there might be some hint...

Quote:
Well, there is not much I can do on my side, if AVIStreamRead() returns a code that indicates "success" but the number of samples returned is zero.

...except for reporting the "contradictory" state that has been encountered to the user
I don't know about that, I just wonder if avs processing has ever worked or not.

Quote:
Well, I would recommend to send a bug report to Comodo, if the "white-list" doesn't work as expected.
I don't think Comodo keeps track of all the hobbyist applications I install (I doubt), but yours is the only one that didn't offer the option to "trust application". In this regard I think it has more to do with some nature of the program rather than Comodo white-listing, I still can go to Comodo options and manual white list LameXP, doable but a bit annoying. Just letting you know some curiosities of LameXP.

Quote:
Depending on what exactly you are doing, a temporary "working copy" needs to be created, even if both the, source file and the output file, are Wave files.

For example this will be necessary, if any filters are applied...
Despite I still don't understand why a full copy of the file needs to be done (megui didn't do, behappy doesn't either if I'm not wrong...) what I refer here is that in the decoding stage of the wave file an exact wave file copy is done, this is before any filtering, just decoding, then a second copy is performed for the filtering dummy (normalisation, whatever).

Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote