View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2011, 12:06   #215  |  Link
CruNcher

thx for the sample going to check, and yes sure fffdshow-quicksync is more robust the same as nvidia cuvid is though also under XP (NT5) that intel doesn't support anymore for valid reasons
But the Ref problem is one of the major issues people change from DXVA to other solutions and the upcoming 10 bit and 4:2:2 wave (though problem on the Hardware support level) obviously at least under NT 6 it's much better in terms of flexibility when mixing different inputs (subbtitles, interactive layers (guis), different content, pp systems(shader,cpu,compute)) also in terms of editing via the copy and transfer between GPU (memory) capabilities though not many make use of this currently
My work on my High Efficiency DWM Desktop (DirectX,OpenGL) Capture and Transcode framework leverages all of this (except compute currently) mixing it in near realtime (latency of H.264, still testing different efficiency scenarios because of GPU/CPU dependency) im confident i can do even better then Mirillis with Action http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html (and their FIC codec) does in the End on supported systems

PS: Yep Vivan that bitstream is hardcore (Anime exaggerated Encoding style ) Arcsoft DXVA freezes straight @ the start Cyberlinks goes Hi wire only CoreAVCs DXVA can produce something with your shown errors from here to their though amazing how CoreCodec compensates even this level lower levels seem no problems to fix for them entirely (might be also the reason it's not up to the performance of Cyberlinks DXVA which fails even @ lower levels)
Mirillis really pushes the boundary here once again wow as you said ultra low CPU ultra low GPU and only 1 issue their custom Renderer and Decoder is really efficient as hell (these polish guys really fascinate, they are on the super right track)
Action is definitely gonna beat Fraps hands down i give you my word for it these guys know what they do
Though we should be also true these Bitstreams are rare they exist but they are still rare (mostly old x264 encoder libx264 used via ffmpeg in the commercial space without any idea from the user what he actually does) though it's good to know that somebody cares about efficiency behind specs (Vivan be also advised im no fan of this exaggerated Anime Encoding style as i find it useless in most cases, it's just not worth for every pixel quality to brake specs which will be hardly visible @ all,also in Power Consumption terms and yeah im no fan of Placebo either )

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd October 2011 at 13:30.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote