View Single Post
Old 27th February 2008, 19:26   #12  |  Link
Umamio
Cost Effective

Batching encodes

... 4 years later

I had been using the Windows Media Encoder GUI "Source From: Both Device and File" trick to perform my WMV encodes from avs but this method suits me much better and worked great. Thanks for this information!

One issue I was wondering if anyone could help me with: When I tried to batch my encodes (rather than have just have a single encode per .bat file) the cmd console became unresponsive after outputting the details of the first encode and did not move onto the next. Actually, it happens after each encode, regardless, but it is only a problem when they are batched. Is anyone aware of this being a common problem or does anyone have a potential solution?

The only special filters loaded in the .avs are VobSub and DGdecode.

If not, is anyone aware of a way that I could force kill a command console after an encode is complete and load another bat file.

Like batching up a sequence of .bat files with a kill process in between each. So.. a bat file of launching other bats that launch processes that commit suicide when they are complete. Something like that. Or maybe the vbs could be modified further?
I am a moron.

ANYWAY, if anyone can help, that would be excellent.

Edit: I visited Zambelli's site in the hope that there might be something there and there was an updated VBS which does everything I could ever ask for. My prayers are answered. Thank you!

Last edited by Umamio; 27th February 2008 at 19:46. Reason: Found solution
Umamio is offline   Reply With Quote