View Single Post
Old 12th September 2005, 17:08   #202  |  Link
Saligia

@ai4spam: Thank you very much for the reply.

ABOUT THE 44 LIMIT.
The 44 limit was inded on of the first barrieres I meet when "developing" my method. I did spend some time wondering why it was there. Now I know.

ABOUT THE SCALING AND PROCESSING.
The scalingfactor can be set in the .idx file for the vertical/horizontal resolution, as a percentage. Like say 50% to reduce or 155% to enlarge, to suit your needs and likings.

The number is used by the Avisynth VSFilter.dll, when the file is frameserved. Thus no scaling will be performed when opend directly in Subrip.
And implementing that, would be a whole new world, or rather... -program!
So beeing just a little realistic, it's doable but in my opinion, way off the scope of Subrip, since there are ways of doing this, without rewriting Subrip

ABOUT THE BEST GUESS
I'm sorry to hear, that you do'nt like the idea of an best-guess-automode.
It's true, that it will introduce errors, when best guess is wrong or missing, but looking at pro's and con's I find it easyer to wipe out some errors using a search function, rather beeing tied up to the PC for hours.
But I do respect that this is'nt a matter of sceince, but a matter of opinion.
I still think it would be a big enhancement thoug.
But for now I will use your suggestiens, and do some more tweaking the parameters to optimize the ocr'ing

ANOTHER REQ
Would it be possible to allow editing the output file in Subrip?

LAST BUT NOT LEAST
I fully respect your work, and know that Subrip is'nt like your whole life, and thus there's natural limits to fullfilling the newer ending craving of feautures and options.
So I want to point out, that I find it more importent to appriciate what you HAVE done for us, rather than what will or could be done.

All those hours and hours and hours... -just for free.
That's the truely amazing thing here.

Best regards.
Saligia is offline   Reply With Quote