View Single Post
Old 5th March 2018, 20:25   #1431  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the info. It's already very informative.

I know that encoding with x265 is much slower than with x264, but take in mind that you can use a faster preset and still get a much smaller file than with a slow x264 preset. The compression ratio of h265 is extraordinary! However, do it only if you think that it's useful for you. I don't need much testing.

Unfortunately, x264 and x265 do not use hardware acceleration. According to their development teams, it is not possible to obtain a good quality with the encoder algorithms necessary to use the acceleration, so they prefer to do it the slow way.

To do quick tests, I suggest to encode a Pixar short. On all 3DBDs with Pixar animated films, there is a short movie, usually excellent, and well suited to do quick tests. If you don't have a Pixar DB, you can also encode a 3D menu or another short clip. Use the Show All 3D Playlists option in the first tab of BD3D2MK3D to see if there are short clips hidden by default because they are too short to be interesting. If you want, I can also post the iso of the short Netblender demo BD somewhere (not officially available any more), but although it's a demo, it is probably copyrighted, and I'm not sure I can.