View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2012, 08:52   #87  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumRand View Post
I think what he (she?) needs to do is focus on optimize the display settings, since the old TV didn't have the issue. I'd use the uncompressed sample as a guide for tuning in the settings to the best possible.
A TV is not calibrated using uncompressed sources. It is calibrated using special patterns and methods to single out each element, then tune it accordingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumRand View Post
Maybe the TV's motion enhancement is screwing with things? Since I have my TV connected to my PC, I have all of the extra features turned off since the computer is capable of handling all of that better anyway.
The "extra features" are there for stupid people (sorry) that are more than happy to set them once and forget. With the notable exceptions of masochists and pros (who are anyway paid to do this, like it or not), nobody likes to fiddle the settings for each movie, show or whatever programme they watch. They also pay more for the TVs incorporating them, only to find out (if ) that the image is better without them activated.