View Single Post
Old 18th January 2013, 15:06   #17012  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Don't get to bothered. It often sucks with nvidia too. Sometimes the video gets jerky no matter what renderer you use. Only a system or driver restart helps.

Last time it happened I noticed on the madvr osd that the clock deviation was like 20%, which is funny...

For a while it seemed the problem was fixed then it came back again.
I remember trying MadVR on my HTPC when I first got it a year ago - couldn't avoid frame drops no matter what settings I used, despite GPU and CPU usage being nowhere near 100%. Might get around to trying it again now that MadVR, LAV Filters and MPC-HC have all matured a bit.

The only time I get dodgy playback in MediaPortal (EVR) is when the GPU and/or driver craps out. This happens rarely but inexplicably. Basically I just get frame drops all over the place for no apparent reason and I have to restart the PC. The other day it was only happening during certain scenes on certain channels - e.g. the adverts would all be fine, but the programme would be crappy (despite everything being interlaced) and another channel would be fine.

Oh, the joys of video playback.